The MARTE collection consists mainly of works by Salvadoran artists, which add up to 280 altogether, to date. The main ones are:
- The Legacy of Rosa Mena Valenzuela that consists of 50 works by the artist that she donated before her death.
- The Balseiro Family donated 39 works by Salvadoran artists.
- The Patronato Pro Patrimonio Cultural de El Salvador loaned 24 works from their collection to the Museum for 25 years.
- The collection of 66 drawings by José Mejía Vides.
- The Zúñiga Laborde (Mexico) family donated a sculpture, two drawings, six sketches and three notes related to the monumental sculpture of the Master that is outside the building as part of the Monument to the Revolution.
- Donations of artists and collectors
- Works procured by the Museum.
Visit our collection to see some of the works together with the comment of curators.